Non-Graphical Embedded HTTP Client
InterNiche's HTTP Client is an add-on module that enables applications to retrieve URL-specified information, passing the results, status and header information to the application.
Since RAM is always a critical resource in an embedded environment, all memory allocation is under direct control of the application, enabling your software architect to control exactly how much memory can be used in processing any request.
The product is conceptually related to the cURL open-source software package.
By incorporating an HTTP Client into your device, your application can:
- Automatically POST information to a back-end server should an 'event' occur
- Upload logfiles in response to an event
- Periodically 'phone home' to a commercial web server, providing information and receiving instructions
- Download updates from a web server
- Implement a RESTful architecture with a remote web server
Can I use the HTTP Client with ...
- Yes. The HTTP Client works with either of our SSL implementations
- HTTP Server
- Yes. If invoked from an HTTP Server script, your application can receive and process the transaction's response, generating HTML for display through a web page.
- Custom Commands
What can I do with an HTTP Client?
- A device can POST status information to back-end server
- A device can request configuration information
- If invoked from an HTTP Server application, the HTTP Client can aggregate information from a number of peers, providing a single interface for presentation
- A device can upload logfiles, under control of the local application
Examples Provided with the HTTP Client